-->

13 September 2018

PROM 2018




Hey guys!!! I know its been ages, I just needed some time of for various reasons but I'm back now.
On the 4th July 2018 I had my Year 13 Prom and I made my dress. I spent exactly 2 weeks making the pattern for the dress and constructing the actual dress. The dress was inspired by Elsa Hosk's gown at the Cannes Film Festival 2017 by Alberta Ferretti.

Image result for elsa hosk cannes 2017





 

I used a Brother sewing machine to make the dress and the dress is made from a red satin material I bought from my local fabric market.



Camera used: Nikon D3300











I actually finished making the dress in the morning of prom, pretty hectic. Here is the finished dress. While I was making the dress I changed the design numerous times but I am so happy with the finished dress. I won Best Dressed.
This is the dress pinned to the mannequin (poorly, I know).
And this was the finished piece.
xxx















No comments:

Post a Comment