-->

22 December 2016

ANDRO?

 Hey guys! It's been a minute. So if you haven't already realised; it's winter......well at least in the U.K. And we all know what winter means; knitted jumpers, ugg boots, fur coats, over the knee boots, burgundy and scarves.

Mum and I were walking through town centre, doing a "little" Christmas shopping. Then we found a bench, and my camera was coincidently in my bag, so that meant mini photo shoot.

My mum being the woman she is decided that it was time for some snaps. So now I'm here writing about my go to outfit for the winter season (or year in the London,U.K.)

My outfit is:
* A deep grey knitted jumper from Boohoo. The air gaps formed between the wool keep you really warm and form a unique pattern on the jumper
* A black and beige-brown fur coat from Sports Direct. Yes...would you believe me if I said this jacket was from Sports Direct. It comes with a black belt, when worn, makes the waist to appear slimmer. This style of coat is ideal for the winter to jazz up any outfit. Whether it is a sequinned mini bodycon or a white blouse with skinny jeans, it just pulls the outfit together.
* A pair of blue low-waist skinny jeans from Next. When it comes to jeans I am very selective and I don't tend to buy many. I just stick to a couple styles for example high waisted black, low waist mama jeans etc. This pair is particularly a go to due to their soft feel to the skin and sleek smart look. I usually style this pair with a thick brown belt, I also love the gradient on the thighs.
* A pair of black ankle zip boots. Every time I wear these boots the first thing I get told is "Vikkie zip up your damn boots"....darling that is the style. I love the grunge look and I try to play parts of it in my everyday looks.
* A purple gem chunky necklace from Monsoon. I adore the colours on this piece and the multiple shades of purple on it are just so aesthetically pleasing and go so well with the Christmas scene.





My Make up:
* Kiko foundation (shown in a previous post)
* Make Up Revolution eyeshadow palette(shown in a previous post)
* MUA eyebrow pencil
* Collection mascara
* Kiko liquid eyeliner
* Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow (shown in a previous post)
* Sleek Liquid lipstick with Kiko clear lip gloss
* Glitter pots (shown in previous post)

Recently I've been feeling empty with my style. I've been feeling like everyday I dress the same. That my personal style is becoming too basic and common. So I am going on a fashion journey. From now I am going to try and alter my style; venturing into every genre and style. Recently I have been obsessed with street style and androgyny.

I have always felt slightly more masculine, NOT MALE/ A MAN, but masculine. Masculinity and femininity and male and female are two very different things. You can be a feminine man or a masculine woman or a masculine man or a feminine woman. Just cuz a woman wears "men's" clothing and is in touch with her masculine side does not mean that she wants to be a man, it just means she likes to express herself with masculine clothes. Personally, I tend to flip between masculinity and femininity and show this through my gender expression; my fashion. My wardrobe is mainly feminine, however, sometimes I feel more masculine, so I try to express this through my androgyny. If you were to ask me if I am androgynous I would probably say yes, however my current wardrobe does not reflect such. So I am on a mission, I am going to try and alter my closet and express my androgyny more in my fashion. And to anyone out there who is too scared to express their androgyny, masculinity or femininity, JUST DO IT! I challenge you to. The spectrum of gender expression, fashion and masculinity and femininity is a beautiful concept that we should play with. If you would like to learn more about androgyny, one of my favourite youtubers AriFitz:https://www.youtube.com/user/itsarifitz discusses androgyny a lot on her channel and talks about her experiences with her gender expression. She has a separate channel called "tomboyish" :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXQG5nkiyftgWOgrg63t3-w where she styles androgynous outfits and talks about her androgyny. Ambers closet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYCzB_XPifM also has a really good video where she discusses her tomboy style and how you can tomboy up your style

Thanks for reading, I know things got a bit more serious on this post but hey, it's important to learn about new things. Share this post and be sure to follow this blog by using your email on the right side bar and follow the instructions. Stay Stylish...




No comments:

Post a Comment