-->

28 July 2015

Rome 2015

Day 1
5:00 a.m. . 5:00 a.m. I had to get to school at this demonic time. Obviously, because I live far from school, I had to wake up a 2:30 a.m. Giving me at total of 3 hours of sleep. #worldrecord.

Italy
England
3:30- closed the house door and as I was entering the car I noticed how beautiful the sky was. I don't even think that the picture comes close to it. I then picked up my friend Joju about 15 mins later and routed the school. The journey to Gatwick was so quick, it felt like 30 minutes (knocking off an hour).
SHSG girls at airport in Rome
The airport was same old, long, early morning movements. Nothing special. On the plane, which we got around 9:05 a.m. The girls and I had just finished the rice and meat which continued from the coach, and I have to say, it was a bufffffff meal. I had a little nap on the plane, but was awake for majority of the flight. I sat next my girl Anesue, and my girl Joju. Across the aisle was Naomi, Joy, and MJ looking fleeky af.
 Well Nayo looks a bit pissed, but waking up at 2-3 in the morning to go from London to go to Southend, just to enter London again is a tad of a piss take but at least I can say... "Right now, I'm in Rome!".
The hostesses showed the emergency procedures, in case we end up being the next 'Malasyia Airline' flight catastrophe, but  I'm flying with EasyJet so what can go wrong?
We left London 9:05 a.m. along with my 3G and frequent WiFi and arrived in Rome 12:35 p.m. (local time) with hot weather, and amazing culture. I was 'Rome Ready'. It's quite sad how you can tell which country is which, but hey "right now, I'm in Rome!"
Mate, it is hotttttttttttttttttttttttttt. in Italy. In comparison to the UK, Italy might as well be Nigeria. Just walking out of the aeroplane felt like I was being slapped by the sun.  My body could not take the heat. The air was so thick from humidity, and it was very hard to breathe at first, but I soon got used to it. The journey from the airport to the hotel was around 1-2 hours, and a very chill ride. From what I could see Rome consisted of two things; Graffiti and Amazing Architecture. Here are just a few pics of what I saw from the airport to the hotel:
'Non Votare!' translates to No Vote!
















Nails done at "Nails" in Upton Park £15 OPI Nude







































































































































The Hotel I stayed at was Hotel Noto. It's a bed and breakfast and was absoutely fine. I was a bit scared for the hotel, as there were people who made the hotel seem bad due to the bad reviews on trip advisor, but I have to say, for us,  that the hotel was fantastic. The only problem was the view, but if I'm
honest, I didn't even open the curtain, so it was fine.
 In Italy every one smokes, and it is not really seen as a negaitve thing, as it is here in the UK. While we waited in a lobby-like area, I noticed all the cigarettes in the base of a plant, and it just made me think about how people think killing themselves is more important that preserving nature.
The roads near the town centre had this beautiful squared stone paving which I thought was really cute. By the way, I am the one in the burgandy bottoms and roshe runs, Not the Crocs.
Just chilling at the hotel and getting to know the local area until about 6:30 p.m. When we headed off for dinner. For dinner I wore a floral dress, with a long white kimono from ebay. My glasses were a gift and so was the bracelet. I wore blue loafers from New Look.
I roomed with Joju, and the rest shared a room. The interior of the hotel was beautiful. There was a clear traditional theme, with the marble floors and detail on the furniture.

Dinner was a 3 course meal. The starter was tomato pasta with bacon, which was so good. Main was chicken and fries, and dessert was a flan with chocolate sauce. After dinner, we went shopping, and we just bought a couple of things. We chilled in the other girls rooms, then went to bed as a result of being a bit tired after my 2.30am wake-up call.

Day1 finished!










Joy's vlog channel of Rome: JoyLash
Pinterest: vikkiekups
Instagram: vikkiekuponiyi
Twitter: viksta_
Tumblr: VixSphere





















No comments:

Post a Comment